The Spanish Center for Subtitling and Audiodescription (CESyA) aims to improve access to its web site for all, regardless of whether the person has a disability or not, his/her age, type of access technology, etc. For this reason the web site has been created in a way that meets the Principles of an Accessible Design following the Guidelines for Accessibility to Web Contents (WCAG 1.0). This site meets priority points 1 and 2 and most of priority point 3. We have reached Double A level and we are working on reaching Triple A level. We also meets priority points 1 and 2 of the UNE 139803:2004
In order to ensure accessibility and its continuity we are carrying out automatic evaluations with different tools, manual revisions as well as tests with real users. Also we are planning on requesting an accessibility certification and its conformity level.
You can find the last accesibility report in the next link.
Keyboard shortcuts have been defined in order to access the main links to the web site. The main options available through combinations of keyboard shortcuts are:
- I: Home Page
- M: Site Map
- A: Accessibility
- F: Training
- B: Data Base
- V: Research
- N: Standardization
- S: Social awareness
The use of access keys is determined by the browser:
- Internet Explorer (ALT + Keyboard shortcut): ALT + keyboard shortcut select the link, but is required press ENTER to activate it.
- Mozilla Firefox 2 & 3 (ALT + SHIFT + Keyboard shortcut): In previous versions is used only ALT. It can be configured by about:config
- Google Chrome 3 (ALT + Keyboard shortcut): Shortcuts weren't implemented in previous versions of Chrome 2.x
- Opera (SHIFT + ESC + shortcut): SHIFT + ESC must be pressed before the shortcut. When that keys are unpressed, the browser shows a list with all the shortcuts available for the user.
- MacOS (CONTROL + Keyboard shortcut)
As well as providing keyboard shortcuts, other functionalities have been put into action in order to provide access to all the web content as:
- Web site visual features (font type, font color and background) are defined through the Stylesheet so the user can adjust the text to his/her preferences.
- Despite the features mentioned above, the user has 2 mechanisms to change the style, allowing to maximize or minimize the font size as well as changing the page to high contrast view mode.
- If your browser does not support Stylesheet, access to all contents is made in a similar way.
- Invisible links have been created for screen reader users, keyboard access providing the option of skipping any unnecessary content.
- The used code XHTML, CSS is adjusted to formal grammar in order to guarantee the correct visualization of the content in different browsers.
- Our intention is to create easy and understandable pages for the user; in order to make them easy to use, usability elements have been included as menu bars, breadcrumbs and site maps.
- Different downloadable files have been created with universal formats as accessible RTF and PDF documents. In order to visualize PDF format documents you need Adobe Acrobat Reader free software, if you don’t have it you can download it at Descargas Software.
- Audiovisual resources are accessible, providing alternative content as subtitling, audiodescription and textual transcriptions. They have been integrated with accessibility standards and recomendations.
External accesibility resources
As additional resource for the accessibility provided on the CESyA website following the WCAG, is offered a support tool for the synthesized voice reading of web pages. With this resource we hope to provide more assistance in accessing the contents of the website. Visitors to the website CESyA can download the free Browsealoud software. After installation, you can hear the full contents of the CESyA website.
It also has other features such as highlight the text which is being offered by audio in real time, provide the user (if he wants it) a box overhead (noninvasive) to the site where it shows in a synchronized way to the synthetic speech, text with a larger font size. All these features can be offered in its presentation according to user preferences or needs.
Data for download in the page of Software Download
If you detect any problem when accessing the web content, do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org